THE DENTAL CLINIC AT
THE HEART OF ÎLE-PERROT
We put at your disposal 6 general dentists for the treatment and care of DENTAL EMERGENCIES in Île-Perrot: fractured tooth, dental infection or abnormal toothache… Our team works hard to receive you quickly in order to offer you pain relief and avoid complications!
Clinic hours :
Monday 9:00 – 18:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 19:00
Wednesday 9:00 – 20:00
Thursday 13:00 – 21:00
Friday 9:00 – 15:00 *
Saturday 9:00 – 15:00 *
* Appointments only
More to come
Looking for a new dentist in Île-Perrot? At our clinic, you will find all the services you need, regardless of your oral health situation or age. Our team will take the time to properly examine and discuss with you in order to understand your needs. Contact us now!
People who have lost all their teeth can trust our team of qualified professionals to replace their whole dentition. At our dental clinic, we offer various types of full dentures to give you back the desire to smile to the fullest.
No longer having teeth probably has many negative effects on your life… Our team recognizes your situation and we would be happy to help you improve your quality of life with a full denture. By replacing your teeth, you will enjoy many advantages:
- You will improve your self-esteem and will no longer hesitate to smile and show your joy.
- You will once again be able to enjoy eating whatever you want.
- Your face will look younger because wearing a prothesis prevents sagging of facial muscles.
- You will speak more easily.
At Centre Dentaire Don Quichotte, we mainly offer two types of full dentures: removable full dentures and implant-supported full dentures.
Removable or implant-supported full dentures?
Removable full dentures are built in acrylic and replace all the teeth on a single jaw. They are fixed to gums and remain in place with suction. They give the smile a natural look and restore the client’s chewing and speaking capabilities. They can be removed for cleaning and during the night. However, they are less stable than implant-supported full dentures and need to be replaced after a number of years. Indeed, the lack of natural teeth causes a loss of bone volume in the jaw, which changes the facial look year after year, hence the importance of designing a new, better suited denture.
The implant-supported full denture is fixed to the jaw with 4, 5, 6 or more dental implants, using attachments or a metal bar. Depending on your condition, your dentist will determine the most suitable fixing method. This type of full denture gives an unparallelled stability and chewing capacity. It is also very comfortable to wear. Finally, dental implants stimulate the bone jaw, which prevents its resorption over time. To receive an implant-supported denture, one needs to have gums in top condition and good bone volume in the jaw.
Designing the removable full denture
Here are the necessary steps to designing and installing a removable full denture:
- Client evaluation during an oral health exam and imprints taken by the dentist.
- The denture is built in a laboratory.
- The denture is then tested by the client. The dentist will make final adjustments to ensure the denture is solid and comfortable.
Designing the implant-supported full denture
It takes months to design and install an implant-supported denture. Indeed, the implants have to be installed first and then completely heal. Here are the necessary steps:
- Your dentist examines your gums and jaws to assess whether all the necessary conditions to install dental implants are there. In some cases, bone grafting could be necessary to restore bone volume to the jaw.
- Dental implants are put in place during surgery. Then follows healing, which takes several months. It is during this time that implants bind firmly to the jaw.
- Your dentist takes measurements and imprints of your mouth.
- The denture is built in a laboratory.
- The denture is then installed and final adjustments are made by the dentist.
Advice from our team